Posts Tagged ‘make’
Many ”beautiful” Teacups and Saucers can be found in thrift stores. They make a really beautiful addition to any product line you might be trying to sell, or just to use as a great gift for birthdays, holidays, or perhaps a special occasion.
You Will Need The Following:
1. Teacups (the saucer is optional) I found these at the local Salvation Army Thrift Store.
2. Soy Candle Container Wax (I buy mine from Candlewic.)
3. Candle Wick (Make sure the wick will be a minimum of 1″ taller than the top of the teacup)
4. Candle dye and Candle Scent (optional)
5. Stacking Pour Pots (Make a double boiler)
7. Hot Glue Gun
1. First wash saucer and teacup, and wipe them completely dry.
(You don’t want water in the wax, or water spots on your finished teacup or saucer.)
2. Select a candle wick, adhere it to the bottom center of the teacup using your hot glue gun. (I use a the hollowed out portion of a bic pen, run my candlewick into it, because it makes it easier to press the wick in place exactly where i want it.)
3. Center your candle wick and hold it in place on the top of the candle container. (I use the glue to hold the wick on the dowel, and a bit on the side of the container to hold the dowel centered while I am making the candle).
4. Add wax into your double boiler, melt it, and add dye and fragrance following a soy candle recipe, or manufacture’s directions.
5. Pour melted wax into your teacup container.
6. Let candle cure for a minimum of 24-48 hours before lighting.
7. Trim candle wick to 1/4 inch before lighting it.
To give you a better idea on how inexpensive it was for me to buy two sets of teacups, I bought two separate cups and saucers for only $2.00. When I am making these candles at home, I will make up more than one type of candle in different containers to maximize my time. Because they are unique, and can be gift wrapped very nicely, these will quickly sell for a nice little profit.
Making scented soy candles can be a very lucrative home based business model, for more information on how to get started including writing a business plan, scenting your soy candles, complete instructional guide books on how to make soy candles and tealights can be found on the homepage of Scented Soy Candles. Click here.